Our extracurricular programme is a valued part of the ISHR community and offers a wide variety of enjoyable, challenging, and meaningful activities helping all members to develop their individual skill-sets and thereby enhance their academic careers. The past couple of years have seen this popular aspect of life at ISHR taken away as we have adapted to life under a pandemic, and I know many are as excited as I am of a return to something approaching normal in the school year 2022/23!
Most of our extracurricular activities are free of charge, except for out of town tournaments (lodging, travel, et). Some activities by external providers will be charged directly by them.
We strive to provide quality training, achieving excellence in all our endeavors, operating within a professional, clear and consistent structure.
To accomplish this we:
- Develop students’ physical, social, emotional and interpersonal abilities.
- Provide and coordinate a variety of well structured activities
- Cultivate the specific skills necessary to be successful in the activities of interest.
- Inspire and challenge all participants to achieve excellence in their lives.
- Instill a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship in all our participants.
- Are open and transparent to all stakeholders.
- Positively promote our school’s identity to the community at large.
As we emerge from the pandemic, we will strive to put on as full a programme as possible, but some activities we have run in the past may not be possible at this time. After School Schedules are provisional at the time of writing, and things could change between now and the start of the next school year.
Click on the links below to see what we plan to offer students in our Primary and Secondary schools:
Mr. Matt Sankey, Extra-Curricular Director, is in charge of all extracurricular activities.