At ISHR, we are continually looking for qualified BFD volunteers. Do you enjoy working with children and having responsibility for their care? Do you want to work in an international setting with people from over 60 different countries? If so, we might be the right place for you to volunteer!
There are many benefits to completing your BFD year at ISHR. You will start working with teachers, staff, and students immediately and have responsibility early on. Also, with over 60 nationalities represented, working at ISHR provides a great cultural experience.
Here’s what one of our recent participants had to say about her experience:
“Ich habe mich direkt integriert gefühlt im German Team. Man hat mich von Anfang an ernst genommen und mir Aufgaben gegeben, um einzeln oder in kleinen Gruppen mit Kindern zu arbeiten. Es macht echt richtig Spaß!”
“Das Schöne ist, dass ich sowohl mit unterschiedlichen Altersgruppen als auch mit Kindern unterschiedlicher Deutschniveaus arbeiten kann. Dadurch kriege ich viele verschiedene Eindrücke. Kein Tag ist gleich!”
The BFD programs run from August 1 – July 31. In order to qualify for a BFD voluntary social year, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Passionate about working with children of all ages, preferably with some experience
- German native speaker with solid German grammar knowledge or
- English native speakers or non-native English speakers with very good English language skills
- High degree of self-organization
- Team player
Further we will need the following from you before you can actually start at ISHR:
- If not from the EU: visas and work permit or residence title for specific purposes (German: EAT)
- Extended Police Clearance (Erweitertes polizeiliches Führungszeugnis)
Please understand that we are unable to assist with free accommodation, transport or meals.
How to Apply
If you think ISHR would be a good fit for you, we look forward to receiving your application.
These are the steps you need to follow for your application:
- Please send your CV, a short motivation letter and any other documents that you feel might be relevant to recruitment(at)is-hr.de.
- After processing your application we will contact you to schedule an appointment for an interview.
- If your application and interview have been successful we will offer you an BFD placement.
- As your BFD will be supervised by the Deutsches Rotes Kreuz (DRK) you will need to send a short application to them once you have accepted our offer of placement.
We hope you consider ISHR for your BFD placement and look forward to receiving your application!
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at recruitment(at)is-hr.de.